Windows 8 offers some features to the user which makes it’s more interesting and easier to use instead of old versions of Microsoft Operating System. Console lock display off time is a new, extra and additional feature in Power Options of Windows 8. Our system has been locked for one minute and the lock screen is display user may know that the monitor will turn off after one minute. This is done because our computer when locked will turn off the display after 1 minute by default in Windows 8. With the help of the Registry Editor, we can modify this setting.
After reading this article we will able to learn how to enable console lock in Windows 8. To do this we have to follow some steps which are given below
Enable Console Lock Display Off Timeout:
- View Start Screen of Windows 8.
- Take the cursor to the bottom right of Screen and Hit (-) sign.
- A charming bar will appear and Choose a Search option.
- In the text box of Search, type “Regedit” and click on the Apps from the right sidebar then click regedit in the main window.
- User Control Account dialogue box will appear. Hit Yes button inbox.
- Press Window + R keys and a Run dialogue box will open. Type “Regedit” in front of Open dialogue box and click OK button.(alternate)
- Registry Editor Window will display.
- Now the user has to follow it.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SYSTEM\ CurrentControlSet\ Control\ Power\ Power Settings\ 7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99\ 8EC4B3A5-6868-48c2-BE75-4F3044BE88A7.
- Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value dialogue box will appear. Type 2 in value number text box and then go to an OK button.
- Power Options dialogue box will open. Reach to Advanced Settings tab through a control panel.
- In the Balanced Active Section, Go to “console lock display off timeout” and set the time in a front text box of “on battery minute”.
- After all this, finally, make click on Apply and OK button.