Windows 8 introduces many new features like Charms bar, Start Screen etc. Metro Start Screen replaced Start Menu in Windows 8. All Apps in this Operating System display like in Metro Style. User can modify Start Screen’s background colour and style. Old versions of Windows only allowed changing Desktop background not the image of Lock Screen. But in Windows 8 user can change and customized Lock Screen image as well as Start Screen. Different images for both Start and Lock Screen enhance the appearance of Windows 8. Personalizing and customizing the appearance of Windows is one of the first and common things that most users do after performing a new installation.
With the help of this article, we will set a custom image for the lock screen. To do this we have to follow some steps which are as follows.
Set Image on Lock Screen:
- Go to the Windows 8 desktop. If we are in the Start screen, Do click>Desktop.
- Move our mouse to the bottom right of the screen then move it up to open the Charms bar, and Hit>Settings icon.
- Click> More PC settings.
- From PC settings screen, Select>Personalize from the left side.
- Choose Lock screen option on the top of the screen.
- There are various pictures that come along with the system for us to choose. Just click on the one we like, and we will see the preview right above. We can pick and set our own picture by hitting the Browse button.
- If we want to choose our own picture, select it within explorer and Click >Choose picture.
- We can also select or arrange the apps that we want to display on the Lock screen below section.